Meeting the Educational Needs of Boys
We have taught boys since 1912. We partner our experience
and knowledge with research findings to meet the ever developing
educational needs of talented young men.
- Boys need a broad curriculum to encourage
engagement and the pursuit of new opportunities and this is offered
at North Sydney Boys.
- As boys tend to lag behind girls in literacy we focus on the
teaching and learning of literacy in each subject, as well as offer
a range of co-curricular extension workshops.
- We focus on the use of technology in teaching and learning as
boys have a natural preference for technology. They also
prefer hands-on and visual learning that technology supports.
- Research has proven that teachers have the most significant
impact on educational success. We focus on developing
quality relationships between teacher and students based on mutual
- For boys, all rounded personal development underpins strong
academic performance. We understand the importance of a
balanced life and encourage all boys to explore opportunities outside the
classroom. Those who have been involved in all areas of
the school typically have the most successful outcomes.